What is Trenchless Technology?
The Trenchless Technology is a family of methods, materials and equipment for the installation, replacement, transfer, diagnosis, location, renovation and rehabilitation of underground services with a minimum of excavation and surface interruption. The trenchless technologies have been used successfully for all underground utilities from water pipes, sewage, rainwater, gas, industrial pipelines, conduits for electrical and communications networks.
What are the reasons for adopting Trenchless Technology?
- By means of the inspection of the networks, the detection of leaks and the faults presented by the installations are achieved: pipes, wells, manhole, sewers, household connections, which allows to establish the most efficient and least expensive intervention types.
- With the location of the networks by non-invasive means it avoids breaking the pipes of other services that are found in the execution of the works.
- Less trips of dump trucks and debris disposal because there is much less excavation in installation of new infrastructure and there is no debris in rehabilitation of existing ones.
- Reconstruction of platforms and roads at junctions.
- Signage and surface enclosures throughout the works to prevent children or inhabitants from falling into the ditches.
- Expenses for damage to existing pipes and suspension of service.
- Standby payment due to interruptions due to rain.
- Cost of security to prevent theft and robbery of criminals in work zones and communities.
- Costs of environmental permits and traffic.
- Limitation of work schedules that make the work more delayed due to noise problems that affect the community.
- Water expenditure to control the dust cloud.
- Repair of cracked houses and breaking glass in the excavation area by thrown particles.
- Damage to vehicles with ditches leaving their garages.
- Payments of garages to the inhabitants for impediment of access of the vehicles.
- Payment of damages due to community accidents in the ditches.
- Construction of complementary works to facilitate access to their homes or places of disabled people.
- Cost of non-contractual insurance for damages to third parties.
- Costs of socialization with communities and lifting of neighborhood records.
- Costs for felling trees and gardens.
- Invasion of the roads by the limitation of spaces on platforms generates the use of additional pallets and cleaners.
- Costs of debris disposal and replenishment with filling materials.
- Less impact on contamination by co2 and particulate material.
- Decrease in noise.
- Reduces the affectation to flora and fauna.
- The use of quarry materials is reduced.
- Less debris is generated in new infrastructure facilities and nothing in rehabilitation.
- Less impact on the mobility of cities because they occupy minimal space on the surface.
- The access to the houses, commercial premises is not obstructed which causes discomforts and in some cases enormous losses in businesses because the route with ditches is closed.
- When there are no ditches, the safety of people is improved.
Trenchless Technology, benefits and class by type of activity
Regulations and legislation
UNITED NATIONS ORGANIZATION
Descargar / Download